Vk Agnihotri History Book Pdf Free Download
Indian History And Culture by VK Agnihotri is a book that covers the major aspects of India’s past and present, from ancient times to the contemporary era. The book is divided into six parts, each with several chapters that deal with different topics and themes related to Indian history and culture. The book aims to provide a comprehensive and balanced account of India’s rich and diverse heritage, as well as its challenges and achievements in the modern world. Here is a brief overview of each part of the book:
- Part I: Ancient India This part covers the prehistoric period, the Indus Valley Civilization, the Vedic age, the rise of Jainism and Buddhism, the Mauryan Empire, the post-Mauryan period, the Gupta Empire, the Harshavardhana era, and the south Indian kingdoms. It also discusses the social, economic, political, religious, and cultural aspects of ancient India.
- Part II: Medieval India This part covers the early medieval period, the Delhi Sultanate, the Vijayanagara Empire, the Mughal Empire, the Maratha Confederacy, and the regional kingdoms. It also discusses the impact of Islam on Indian society and culture, the Bhakti and Sufi movements, and the development of art, architecture, literature, and music in medieval India.
- Part III: Modern India This part covers the advent of European powers in India, the British colonial rule, the Indian freedom struggle, the partition of India and Pakistan, and the integration of princely states. It also discusses the role of various leaders, movements, organizations, and ideologies in shaping modern India.
- Part IV: Contemporary India This part covers the post-independence period, the Indian Constitution and polity, economic development and planning, social issues and challenges, foreign policy and relations, and the role of India in global affairs. It also discusses the achievements and problems of contemporary India.
- Part V: Indian Culture and Heritage This part covers the salient features of Indian culture and heritage, such as its diversity, unity, continuity, and dynamism. It also discusses various aspects of Indian culture and heritage, such as philosophy, religion, ethics, art, literature, music, dance, drama, cinema, festivals, customs, traditions, languages, scripts, education systems, etc.
- Part VI: Indian Polity and Constitution This part covers the basic structure and features of the Indian Constitution and polity. It also discusses various topics related to the Indian Constitution and polity such as fundamental rights and duties; directive principles of state policy; union executive; parliament; judiciary; state executive; state legislature; local self-government; constitutional bodies; electoral system; federalism; emergency provisions etc.
The book has 2190 pages and was published by Allied Publishers in 2018. It is written by VK Agnihotri who is a retired IAS officer and a scholar of Indian history. The book is useful for candidates preparing for civil services examinations as well as general readers who want to learn more about India’s past and present.
Who is V. K. Agnihotri?
V. K. Agnihotri is a name that can refer to different people, depending on the context. Based on your previous query, I assume you are interested in the author of the book Indian History And Culture. He is a former civil servant who served as the Secretary-General of the Rajya Sabha (the upper house of the Indian Parliament) from 2007 to 2012. He has also written other books on Indian politics, governance, and parliamentary affairs.
However, there are other people with the same name who are also notable in different fields. For example, Vivek Agnihotri is an Indian film director, producer, and author who works in Hindi cinema. He is also a member of the Central Board of Film Certification and a cultural representative of Indian Cinema. Another example is N. Kirthivasan, who is also known as V. K. Agnihotri, a former railway official who was convicted of corruption in 2016. A third example is Dr. V. K. Agnihotri, an IAS officer of the Andhra Pradesh cadre from the 1968 batch who has held various positions in the government.